Long Before (original circa 1966):
During (November 2009):
During (January 2010):
For more views of our project, see our Picture of the Day list.
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
During Sunday’s Mass announcements, Father John Hilton let the congregation know that, due to the generosity of a donor, we have purchased the third bell for our chimestand. The new bell will be be pitched between the bass of Marian Gaudens, and the tenor of Saint John (pictured below). We thank these donors for their generosity.
So – with the name of this saint, and the central tone, should we call this bell, “Middle Joe?”
Photographs courtesy of Dave Koski.
nave (nāv) noun In religious architecture, the part of a church between the side aisles, extending from the chancel to the principal entrance, thereby forming the main part of the building.
Dave Koski sends an image from last month’s open house:
After Sunday’s 9:00AM Mass, Father Hilton and the Knights of Columbus led the congregation to the atrium for a short ceremony to bless the new bells. Father used the old rite, which resulted in a beautiful and moving ceremony.
Holy Trinity was lucky to get these bells from the original foundry: The McShane Bell Foundry near Baltimore Maryland.
The McShane Bell Foundry is the last survivor of seven historic American bell foundries. They are located in Glen Burnie, a suburb of the city of Baltimore, where Henry McShane (1833-89) started the McShane bell foundry in 1856. In 1912, McShane cast and installed the 15-bell chimestand for Denver’s Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception. On 12 December 2006, the McShane Bell Foundry was featured on an episode of the Discovery Channel’s Dirty Jobs.
Thanks to reader MK for the photographs!